This is the language used to highlight no shipping costs in the shopping cart and on order receipts.
This is the language used on product pages to notify the shopper that the item is out-of-stock or on backorder.
In larger countries with specific regions, such as the United States of America and Canada, this setting allows you to specify shipping rates to those regions rather than one rate for the entire country. It adds a significant amount more complexity when setting your shipping rates, but can be helpful in more accurately capturing shipping costs. You must click Save Changes at the bottom of the page after changing this setting for the changes to take effect.
Shipping Methods & Rates
This section allows you to set multiple shipping methods using a variety of calculation methods. Shopp offers 5 built-in calculations for setting your own rates. There are plans to offer real-time shipping rates from providers in the future, but none are available at this time. Click the Add Shipping Method Rates to setup a new shipping method and its rate table.
Enter a name for the shipping method.
Select an estimated amount of time it will take to deliver products shipped by this method.
Choose a calculation method:
- Flat Rate on order is the simplest calculation method. Rates entered for this method are simply added to the shopping cart subtotal amount without regard for the quantity or weight of the items. This can be useful for shops that have known shipping costs and typically sell a single item or set of items per order.
- Flat Rate per item calculates the shipping rate by taking the rate provided multiplied by the number of items in the shopping cart. The total is then added to the shopping cart subtotal. This is a more complex approach than the previous method, but allows store owners to more accurately capture shipping costs.
- Item Quantity Tiers uses rates based on quantity ranges to determine which rate applies. Rates are not calculated against the item quantity (by multiplication), but are simply filtered to find the correct rate like a rate table. Use the + and – to add and remove new tiers. Enter the upper limit of the item quantity that the rates in that row will apply to. For and up amounts (meaning any quantity above the largest amount) enter a + or a > instead of a number.
- Order Amount Tiers uses rates based on the subtotal amount of a shopping cart instead of the number of items. Enter the upper limit of the order subtotal that the rates in that row will apply to. Any orders with subtotals up to the amount entered will use rates in that row. To indicated and up amounts (meaning any subtotal above the largest order amount entered) enter a + or a > instead of a cost amount.
- Order Weight Tiers uses rates based on the total weight of an order. The weight of each item is added together to determine the total weight of the order. Any orders with a total weight up to the weight you enter for a given row will use rates in that row. Enter the uper limit of the order weight that rates in that row will apply to. To indicate and up weights (meaning any weight above the largest weight entered) enter a + or a > instead of a weight.